About Me

My photo
I'm awesome, nerdy,and I love vintage things. My family is convinced that I was born in the wrong decade...but I'm pretty sure I am right where I need to be.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Only in Dreams

I had the best dream last night.

I made the most perfect dress for Marine Boy's homecoming.

Don't laugh at me. I've been really worried about what I am going to wear to see him for the 1st time in 7 months. I wanted to wear something that would be beautiful, deilcate, and not overly ostentatious.

Last night, the dress came to me, and I am determined to make it.

I was standing outside looking at a parade deck of some sort, waiting for my Marine to march out in front of me. My hair was perfectly colored and worn with a side part in gentle cascading curls. I wore my favorite pair of earrings and my mother's pearl necklace.

The dress was perfect, it was a dream in lace and emerald taffeta. The bodice of the dress was fitted with a gentle sweetheart neckline, and sort of almost cap sleeves. The sleeves were just enough to cover up the tops of my arms, but small enough to not be constricting. The bodice was fitted, so I wore a big green ribbon around my waist, like a belt, and I had tied it into a giant bow, which was pushed off to the side.
The skirt of the dress was really full, it flared out, which when I turned it made this swishing noise, it went down a little past my knees, the perfect length.
The color of the dress might have been the best part. I was the most beautiful shade of green, and over the green color was cream colored lace. So it looked cream colored, but you could see the green under it. It was amazing.
I wore a pair of peep toe green wedges with it. Just awesome.

All morning I've been looking for the right dress pattern, and I think I found one that will work.
Possible Dream Dress

Now, I am just on the hunt for the right kind of fabric. I am going to have to do some research on a few things before I start though.

I am really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment