About Me

My photo
I'm awesome, nerdy,and I love vintage things. My family is convinced that I was born in the wrong decade...but I'm pretty sure I am right where I need to be.

Friday, April 8, 2011

White Rabbit

This past weekend was pretty good for me....though I've discovered some minor issues with current projects I am working on.

Firstly,
Jonesy (the boyfriend) took me to see Sucker Punch. I had a great time, but I do have a few things to say about the movie.

The costumes, hair, makeup, etc....was simply amazing. I personally happen to think that Zack Snyder's movies are just really beautiful to look at, but that's just me. I don't want to give too much away...so I'll say this, the visuals are good, but the plot is sort of "meh". From what I've read, lots of the plot got cut from the movie for the theatrical release, so I'll pass final judgement after the director's release comes out.
Other than that, I don't want to say anymore to spoil it for y'all.

I'm also a fan of the soundtrack thus far, but that's mostly because I love covers.

A while back, a buddy of mine mentioned I should do a hilarious sewing miniseries on youtube completely drunk, for entertainment purposes. I figured I'd give it a go.

So this past weekend I got stinking drunk on Saturday night in order to film "Shit housed Sewing". I filmed 7 minutes of me blathering on about sewing materials, and then went to bed. I got up yesterday and watched what I had filmed. I guess I was in a mood or something because it came off really condescending and not all that funny. It doesn't help that I was sort of approaching it by the seat of my pants. I've decided that I'm going to sit down and make some base notes, and then film based on that...and try not to come off so condescending. I think I am funniest when I am being sincere about it, and this time, that just didn't happen.

I also realized that this en devour is probably going to destroy my liver.

It's like this whole weekend was a swirling vortex of epic failure, because I've been trying to correct the lapels on my cherry dress, and no matter how hard I worked on it.....it just wouldn't come together the way I wanted it to.

And because the cherry dress isn't completed and wearable, it's creating a back up in my projects that I need to get completed....like that damn weekender bag.

My plan as of current is to get the cherry dress to a wearable state, finish the 1950's wrap dress, and get the bag muslin put together. If everything works out, I should have the final bag completed by mid April.

I've also decided that I am going to go all out and make a 1950's style ball gown for formal night at RVBTO. RVBTO is my Viva, for those of you who don't know. It's not a rockabilly event, it's an internet nerd convention in Toronto, Canada.



I'm thinking, it's going to be this pattern....and with the fabric choice I've already made, I am not fucking lining this damn dress....I'll wear a slip. Maybe in red...maybe in blue...maybe in green. We'll just have to see.

Now I just need fuck awesome shoes to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment