About Me

My photo
I'm awesome, nerdy,and I love vintage things. My family is convinced that I was born in the wrong decade...but I'm pretty sure I am right where I need to be.

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Travel Dress....Finally.

I started working on this dress in like..November. It wasn't a hard dress to make, I just procrastinated and such....Once I finally finished the dress and tried it on, I discovered that I had gained so much weight I couldn't fit into the damn thing.

After busting my ass for over a month, I've lost 10 pounds, and I can squeeze myself into the dress.

I used the following Vogue Pattern:

If you remember my purple wiggle dress form a few months back, you will see that this is the same pattern from that dress. I chose to go with the main view this time.

The pattern reminded me of a very early 60's silhouette, so I went all Mad Men on it.

I think it turned out nicely...wish the sleeves had come out less puffy, but all in all, I think I will be wearing it to work pretty often.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job girl!! The dress looks great! And great job on the weight loss, that's some pretty tough stuff, I'm at 220 and working out EVERYDAY is hard! I'm doing P90X and it kicks butt! But from one curvy gal to another, I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete