About Me

My photo
I'm awesome, nerdy,and I love vintage things. My family is convinced that I was born in the wrong decade...but I'm pretty sure I am right where I need to be.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All I can say is....

FUCK YEAH!

You may be wondering what brought on this sudden burst of explicative excitement. Well you see, the year is drawing to a close and work has decided that we would all get Christmas bonuses. I was expecting a small amount, just something that would help with the expenses of Christmas. What I got was far more than that. Yesterday I opened my bonus letter to find double what I was expecting was coming to me in the form of a bonus.

To say I nearly fell out of my chair is a complete and total understatement. I was so excited I nearly cried, as I have to get my car repaired (damn rear motor mounts), and the cost of the repair is no longer a concern for me. I quickly called Dr. Jones (the boyfriend) and shared my good fortune with him. He was so happy (cause he knows this means there are lots of presents in his future, and cause he's just proud of me) and he said that when we get to see each other over the Christmas break we will do something special. He offered to make me fondue (which I have never had before) and he said we would get some champagne. To be perfectly honest, he is going to spoil me plum rotten and I am not sure how to feel about that.
Even though he's currently 1100 miles away, he still finds a way to make me feel like the most lucky gal alive. Isn't that adorable?

Anyway, enough of the mushy stuff, let's get back to business. My bonus goes into effect on Thursday, and when it hits the bank I am going to get Christmas taken care of and then put most of it into savings for a rainy day. I am going to spoil myself to one dress though:
ModCloth: Soda Fountain Dress in Grape


Speaking of dresses, I finally finished the travel dress last night. Let me tell you something. I fucking hate zippers. I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns. Though the zipper is totally wonky on my travel dress, I REFUSE to do it again. It's in the back and I don't think anyone will really notice other than me anyway. I've got a few more fit issues to fix before I can wear it, but it's pretty much done.

Oh, and while I was sewing last night, I worked on a gift for a friend of mine. I made her a little cosmetic bag out of this pretty gaudy Day of the Dead fabric. I have enough fabric left over to make her a matching half apron. I can't wait to give it to her. She's going to love it.
Photobucket
Here is a crappy cell phone pic of the bag. It's got triangular sides and a flat bottom so it will stand up on it's own when filled with stuff.

Anyway, this is tl;dr but the following pic sums up my life right now:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment